In Assisi, Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, Francis Pope will visit the Holy places from which it took its name, on the occasion of the solemn celebrations for St. Francis Patron Saint of Italy.
The day’s program
– At 7:45 the papal helicopter will land at the sports Seraphic Institute of Assisi with gl’ospiti meeting with the institute.
– 9:00 am Visit to the Shrine of San Damiano and short stop praying in the church of the Convent
– 9.30 Bishopric, with the poor of Caritas
– 10.00 Private visit to the Church of Santa Maria Maggiore
– 10.20 Transfer to the Upper Basilica of San Francesco
– 11.00 Piazza San Francesco Celebration of Mass with homily. At the end of the celebration ceremony of the oil supply for the votive lamp in St. Francis Patron Saint of Italy
– 13.00 Reception Centre of Caritas, the Pope has lunch with the poor assisted by the center.
– 14.30 Private visit to the Hermitage of the Carceri
– 15.15 Cathedral of San Rufino and meeting with members of the Parish Councils of the Diocese
– 16.15 Basilica of Santa Chiara, with veneration of the Pope of the body of the Holy
– 17.45 square of the Basilica, meeting with young people of Umbria
– 18.45 Private visit to the Sanctuary of Rivo Torto
– 19.15 Taking off in a helicopter from Rivotorto
The Pope’s visit to Assisi, the city of St. Francis, is a sign by the Holy Father of a Church that is renewed by focusing on the poor and poverty. Another gesture, in addition to those already made by the Pope and they did talk about him all over the world for its simplicity and for being always close to those who need it.
In Assisi for this official visit of the Pope, are expected pilgrims from around the world.
Social Holiday recommend for a stay in Assisi